Microblading & PMU
CONTACT US WITH ALL YOUR FAQS AND QUERIES!
Since Microblading is a newer eyebrow treatment many people have questions.
Below I answer the most frequently asked questions and provide wisdom based on my training, practice and experience.
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING LAST?
While Microblading is not considered permanent and the color will fade over time, with proper care and depending on your skin type, we recommend a color refresh in 6-18 months. Microblading enhances the brows - but you may need to use powder or pencil to achieve your final result.
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING TAKE TO DO?
Two treatments are needed to complete the Microblading process. The first treatment will take 2 hours and then we allow the skin to heal. The second treatment will take about an hour. The results are not immediate but with realistic expectations and patience, they will be worthwhile!
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE THE COLOR?
We will guide you through a consultation process to find the color that best matches your skin tone and preference.
WHAT WILL THEY LOOK LIKE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Tenderness, swelling, and redness, along with blanched whiteness from the anesthetics will subside over the next 12 hours. The strokes will remain darker in the first week and will fade to a naturally beautiful color.
IS THE PROCEDURE PAINFUL?
We use a combination of a topical anesthetic, as well as a local anesthetic once the procedure is underway. Some clients report little to no discomfort, while others say it is somewhat uncomfortable. We make every effort to keep you as comfortable as possible. Please keep in mind that having the procedure done during your menstrual cycle, may make your skin more sensitive. Anesthetics do not last as long for smokers and patients with Fibromyalgia, so they may experience more sensitivity during the procedure.
WHAT CAN I DO FOR PAIN AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
You can take Tylenol for mild soreness in the first 24 hours. Wait at least 24 hours to take Aspirin, Advil or Ibuprofen as they are blood thinners.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE HEALING PROCESS?
It will take 7-10 days for treated area to heal. You may notice scabbing as the brows heal - do not pick at scabs! In the first month, the treated brow may peel, then continue to lighten, and have a milky opaqueness that is all part of the natural healing process.
IS A TOUCH UP SESSION NECESSARY?
Yes. At 6 weeks we do the 2nd session and this is vital to achieve a beautiful result. Your skin-type will determine how your skin absorbs the color so we fine-tune the brows to ensure even color, brow thickness, and natural strokes.
DO I HAVE TO WAIT THE 6 WEEKS FOR MY TOUCH UP?
Yes. It is necessary to allow the brows to heal fully so that the final result is achieved and the touchup is accurate. Also, sensitivity is minimized during the 2nd session, and scarring is avoided when the brow is fully healed after initial treatment.
CAN MICROBLADING DAMAGE OR SCAR MY SKIN?
We have had expert training and experience to ensure a beautiful result without skin damage or scars. Microblading is a gentle scratching of the skin and when done by TRAINED PROFESSIONALS is considered less traumatic than use of a device.
WHAT IF I USE FACIAL INJECTABLES OR FILLERS REGULARLY?
Microblading is NOT recommended for skin that has been altered with injectables or fillers. The face should be in its natural state - so clients should allow the effects of injectables to completely wear off.
WHAT ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICAN SKIN OR DARK SKIN TYPES?
We recommend a patch test for dark skin. There are challenges associated with healing and skin injury for black skin. Hyper pigment, where the skin produces more melanin can create darker pigmented areas. Hypo pigment can happen where the healing skin produces less pigment and thus white areas can result. We recommend a consultation and expert analysis of your skin type to determine if Microblading is appropriate for you.
CAN MICROBLADING BE DONE OVER TATTOOED EYEBROWS?
Yes - but we recommend a consultation. Depending on the scar tissue in the eyebrow from previous treatments you may require more procedures to achieve the result you desire. Previously done eyebrows from another technician may take 1 to 3 treatments to achieve the desired results.
CAN I HAVE MICROBLADING DONE BEFORE A BIG EVENT?
Due to the stages of healing - we recommend doing your Microblading 3-4 months before a big event.
CAN MICROBLADING WORK FOR ME IF I HAVE VERY OILY SKIN?
Clients with oily skin are not ideal candidates, as they tend to bleed more and the production of oil causes the healing brow to have a less defined, softer look. We recommend a consultation and patch test.
CAN I GIVE BLOOD AFTER HAVING MICROBLADING DONE?
The Red Cross recommends waiting 6 months.
CAN I HAVE A MRI SCAN?
Consult with your radiologist as the procedure shows up as an artifact. You may also experience a tingling sensation at brow area.
CAN I HAVE LASER / PULSE LIGHT DONE BEFORE OR AFTER MICROBLADING?
It is important to consult your Laser therapist as lasers can cause permanent color change.
WHAT IF I DO NOT LIKE IT?
Microbladed Eyebrows will eventually fade away if no additional Touch-Ups are done.
PRE & POST CARE
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
* DO NOT Exercise 24 hours before procedure as the body heat expands the pores.
* NO Caffeine 24 hours before procedure, this will minimize any oozing/bleeding or swelling after the procedure.
* AVOID Sun and Tanning one week prior procedure.
* DO NOT take: Blood Thinners, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Advil, Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamin and Hair/Skin Supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
* DO NOT discontinue any other medication.
* DO NOT Wax, Thread, Tweeze or Tint Eyebrows 1 week prior to procedure.
* PLEASE NOTE: Getting a procedure during your menstrual cycle can make you hyper-sensitive at the procedure.
IMPORTANT AFTER CARE:
* Residual pigment, blood etc, can arise from the open wounds, so during the first 24 hours, we ask the client to “wash the skin gently” to remove/prevent build up and dust particles, you should dab this away 2-3 times in the first day. You can use cool water with a damp cotton pad to prevent drying out and scabs forming. Don’t panic if dry patches or scabs appear as this can be taken care of in the second touch-up appointment.
* Apply Bacitracin or A&D Ointment over your treated area up to 2 times a day after the 1st day to avoid scabbing. Do not wash the skin after the 1st day.
* A follow up touch-up is recommended in 6 weeks. The healing process is different for everyone and it takes 25 to 30 days. Microblading is low maintenance and looks very natural looking, with hair-like strokes regardless of the amount of hair present.
Post Care during the 10 Day healing period: You will be given written instructions with guidance on how to care for your brows during the initial healing period, this includes:
* NO Sun Beds, NO exposure to the sun at least 2 weeks.
* NO swimming or hot tub at least 2 weeks.
* NO Exercise; SWEAT IS SALT and WILL prematurely fade, blur or cause the pigment NOT to take at all.
* NO Makeup on the treated area
* NO Anti-Aging creams on the treated area
* DO NOT pick scabs if any appear.
* DO NOT itch the treated area or pull the scabs away.
* SHOWERS; Avoid direct shower water on the treated area after the procedure. Apply the product given to you prior to showering to prevent soaps and shampoos from getting on the treated area.
* FLAKING; Everyone's skin heals differently and most clients develop patchy/flaky areas or the appearance of fading after the procedure. This is 100% normal. Please DO NOT PICK. Usually the exfoliation (peeling) process occurs about 4 to 5 days after procedure and will be complete at about day 7 to 10.
* ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON THE TREATED AREA. Leave your treated area alone and let them heal totally for at least 10 days. NO WATER, NO MAKEUP, NO LOTIONS, NO SOAPS for at least 7 to 10 days.
* AVOID scrubbing the treated area until everything heals.
* Avoid Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline during your healing period: Anything with a Petroleum or Vaseline base can cause a reaction and can cause crusting and scabbing. Expect to see a little flaking but not scabbing. Vaseline/Petroleum can also cause sweating as the skin is not able to breathe.
* Use sterile bandage(s) or other sterile dressing(s) when necessary.
* Color Refreshing: The results can last anywhere from 6 to 18 months for Microblading, and 2-3 years for Ombre' Powder Brows, Eyeliner & Lip tattooing, depending on different factors affecting the procedure. However, a touch-up once a year is recommended for Microblading and 3 years for Eyebrow, Eyeliner & Lip tattooing to retain the shape and saturation of pigment.
*** THERE ARE NOT IMPLIED OR WRITTEN GUARANTEES IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE PRE AND POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS!***
* Consult a healthcare practitioner at the first sign of infection or allergic reaction.
* Report any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction or adverse reaction to Texas Department of State Health Services at 503-690-4842
1. BDR- German engineered skincare technology and dermaceuticals which stands for Best Derma Regeneration
2. How long has the company been around? Since 2005
3. What does BDR do? It is an all in one system that can do deep exfoliation, stimulate and regenerate skin cells and repair damaged, aging and /or overly sensitive skin.
4. What skin types and skin conditions is it good for? It can be used on all skin types and most skin conditions with over 60+ treatment options in one compact machine.
5. How can one machine do all that? The secret is in the BDR dermaceuticals, the machine help your skin to wake up and allow the BDR active ingredients to stimulate deeper layers of skin in the safest and gentlest way.
6. How do I know that the ingredients in BDR dermaceuticals are safe? http://www.cosmeticanalysis.com/ -rates all the ingredients and all of BDR ingredients as safe, non-toxic, non-irritant and tested for safety…(Euprope premier rating agency)
7. Who are the target clients for BDR? Clients who want safer, low risk, low pain treatments and like exercise, willing to invest time into making their skin younger and healthier.
8. Is BDR good for sensitive skin? It will enhance skin metabolism to reduce skin sensitivity.
9. How about shrinking pore size? The combination of BDR acids, brushabrason and microstimulation will reduce pore size.
10. Are there any side effects with the BDR treatments? After the BDR workout, the skin will be very thirsty and hungry. It is critical to use BDR dermaceuticals right after treatment and for a week after the treatment and for a week after the treatment to ensure the skin is not dehydrated or irritation. More sensitive skin may experience minor swelling or redness immediately after the treatment but usually doesn’t last for more than 24 hours.
11. How many BDR treatments are required? The optimal treatment recommendation is a series of 6 treatments with 7-10 days intervals between each treatment. Afterward. We recommend a monthly “upkeep” treatment.
12. What skin conditions are best treated with BDR? Anti-aging treatments for both thin, dry skin to thick oiler skin types do extremely well with BDR system treatment. The most popularly sought after BDR treatments are those that target:
Fine lines and wrinkles
Loss of skin firmness and elasticity
Sun damage skin
Uneven or dull skin tone
13. What makes BDR different from other similar devices and products? BDR is based on the medical beauty concept but is made for aestheticians. It is a set of treatments that can be customizable to all skin types and most skin conditions while causing NO BLEEDING, NO NUMBING CREAM and NO DOWNTIME with LONG TERM RESULTS.
The combination of BDR’s machine and dermaceutical products allow for safe penetration at the cellular levels to transform skin to become healthier and act younger. The results are long lasting and natural looking.
14. What does the system do exactly? The BDR skincare system is all in one treatment miracle that can exfoliate better than most other microdermabrasion devices, create microstimulation of the deeper layers of skin without burning, without laser and without bleeding.
15. How do I know BDR products are really safe? BDR products are formulated and manufactured in the EU. 27 European Union member states have transposed the European Union cosmetics directive and them each individual member state has health authorities which them regulate cosmetics within their respective national boundaries according to the law. The EU Scientific committee on consumer safety is responsible for reviewing all special and active cosmetic ingredients and assessing conditions for safe use. Results are posted on the committee’s website. EU has a reputation to be more strict with certain chemicals in cosmetics. All of BDR ingredients are listed and ranked in safety on cosmeticanalysis.com. BDR USA also lists all BDR products and its ingredients with the FDA. In the USA, the cosmetics industry is regulated by the FDA which has broad regulatory authority.
Our newest skin repair technology from Germany, is a rejuvenating medical-grade treatment that merges 5 therapeutic aesthetics procedures into 1 single treatment. This treatment contains a Chemical Peel, Dermabrasion, Detox Touch Therapy, Micro-needling and Red-Light Therapy or Blue Light Therapy. Micro-needling helps stimulate collagen and elastin from the dermis and infuses growth hyaluronic acid, serum and peptide into the micro channels. The synergy of this is advanced medical technology achieves instant and lasting results, creating a very exclusive, new type of skincare treatment, for every skin type. BDR - Best Derma Regeneration is excellent for anyone seeking a youthful rejuvenation treatment with no downtime, redness or pain.